Thursday, December 8, 2011

Singing Christmas


Sometimes during this time of year, 
things get so hectic and people get so frazzled and grumpy that blessings are hard to come by.  We can snap and snipe at one another over the littlest things. 
I suspect that this year, 
there are even more reasons for us to be anxious or worried about Christmas. 

So as I stopped to think about the blessings in my life right now, 
one simple thing jumped out.
My youngest son is five, 
and he is learning Christmas songs at school.
We have been practicing a lot,
sometimes just he and I,
sometimes with his big brother.


Tomorrow his kindergarten class goes to sing
at a hospice facility.
His teacher told him today that he is one of the best singers in the class.
So tonight, in bed, we were practicing,
Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer,
and giggling,
and snuggling.


The simplest things are often the greatest blessings.

1 comment:

  1. I love this idea - focus on the small things because the big things are, well, just too big. Giggles and snuggles are just right too!

    ReplyDelete