Saturday, October 8, 2011

The Face of Grace

Today we went to the Fair.  Although the getting ready had somewhat marred my excitement, and I was determined that it would be a wonderful day.

The weather was gorgeous, crisp and autumnal, and we had a lot of fun.  As at all fairs, there was a giant slide.  My boys climbed up and slid down over and over again.  My youngest wanted us to watch each time.  On one occasion, while I was away from the slide with my older son, two women watched with amazement my five-year-old's unabashed joy and delight as he slid down.
 
Grace should be received like that.
With unabashed joy and delight.


1 comment:

  1. if only it were as easy to surrender to as gravity... this is a lovely post. Hugs to you, and prayers for many many moments of grace.

    ReplyDelete